First, I met up with my uncle to have really good naeng myun for lunch. We then walked around a LOT to get a geographical feel for what Seoul is like, just spending time talking to each other about some deep stuff. hehe. It was good times.
We ended up drinking McDonald's coffee in Insadong, an area of Seoul known for the traditional tea houses and traditional Korean antiques, as I waited to meet some USC KCM people who are in Korea right now.
I met up with Christine, Hannah, and Jacob, and we walked around Insadong enticed by the the smells of the vendors selling everything from HoDduk to waffles, and chicken kebabs to silkworm larvae (which I'm not very fond of).
Anyways, from Insadong, we walked to KyungBokGoong, one of the castles built in 1395. It was such good weather to walk around the place, and I finally got some pictures taken. YAY!
Hannah, the guards, and I in front of the main gate of the castle.
The actual throne of the castle.
THE throne.
I don't know what this is.
After walking around the huge castle, we made it back to Insadong, walked around a bit before finding a small tea house we went into to rest our tired legs. I think I would come back to Insadong JUST for this tea house. It's so cute, warm, and tasty! (the tea, I mean, not the tea house).
My FAVORITE part of the day was walking in here and feeling the coldness melt away with sip of tea. (The girl standing by the door is a stranger.)
Our order: 4 cups of tea and traditional crackers.
My OhMiJa tea. It's supposed to have 5 distinct tastes: sweet, salty, sour, bitter and I don't know the last one.
Christine trying her Cinnamon Tea.
Jacob trying his herbally, mediciney SangHwa Tea.
Yay for tea!
After resting, talking, drinking, eating, and laughing a bit, we went out into the bitter cold and made our way to ChunGyeCheon, which is now a semi-man-made stream.
The stream. I can't wait until the flowers start to bloom.
Photo display of what ChunGyeCheon used to be like in the old days.
Unfortunately, Jacob had to leave, but the girls (Christine, Hannah, and I) had dinner, and walked around Insadong, and went to the famous SsamJiGil.
SsamJiGil (in Korean)
The shops at SsamJiGil
We eyeshopped, poking at the cute jewelry displayed on the stands.
And then, we went to eat some WAFFLES, cause we were eyeing them the WHOLE day.
hahaha.
so all in all, 'twas a longgg but excellent day.
beautiful weather, beautiful people, beautiful food.. keheh.
ps. I need to dl the program that lets you type in Korean. All this romanization is ridiculous. =___=
bye, all! <3
omg you luckyyyyyy. you got to meet up with christine! and all those food/tea/cute place pictures are making me jealous. ahh!
ReplyDeletehey don't you have a mac? if you do, you don't need to download anything! just change the international keyboard settings.
I LOVE YOUR BLOG. so cute
ReplyDeleteaw so cute! looks like fun! =)
ReplyDeletethe waffle looks like NBC peacock.
but eww jacob got ssanghwa tea? is it like ssanghwatang?? i drink that when my stomach hurts. it makes me miserable. HAHA
JOANNAAAAAAAAAAA. WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN KOREA ANYWAYY? Well, take care!
ReplyDelete