So what have I been doing the last couple of days....?
Upon notice of my arrival here in Seoul, my cousin, her husband and her two teenage boys decided to take me to a ski resort in Korea. It's called High1 Resort, and supposedly the largest/best resort in Korea. So, since they live about an hour away (by subway), I had to catch a 7:35 am train at Seoul Station by myself and meet them, and their kids friends on the train on the way to High1. I was so scared I was going to miss the train, I woke up at 5 am and found my way to Seoul station, where I sat waiting a whole hour. It was cold, I was hungry and sleepy, but there was a group of old, drunk men who started to argue... and that was my source of entertainment (from afar) for some time...
Resort was really nice. The slopes were really long. I mean, REALLY long. But there was no snow (only slush), and it was too warm.
Thursday night, everybody (the 5 teenage boys, my cousin and her husband, and myself) got together in one condo. We ordered pizza, had some drinks, and started playing Truth or Dare, but without the Dares....
5 teenage boys. game of truth. alcohol. It's FREAKING hilarious.
Friday, we went skiiing again before getting on the 4-hour train ride back to my cousin's. I spent the night there, eating good food and sleeping in late on Saturday.
Saturday afternoon, it took me 2 hours to get back to my dorm, where I got ready to go out to Hong Dae to celebrate someone's birthday. It was QUITE an adventure...
We took the subway to Hong Dae with a map of where M2 club was SUPPOSED to be. Well, we got lost, and we basically tried finding our way there in our heels. A LOT of students from the international dorm went, but many just left after the first 20 minutes... for many reasons.
1. It was a trance/techno club
2. No pictures were allowed.
3. The (native) Koreans were dancing in lines, facing the dj.
4. Their idea of dancing is standing with their feet planted on the ground, shoulder width apart and bending and straightening their knees to the beat of the music. AHAHAHHAA just thinking about it makes me laugh out loud.
We left pretty early, thinking our time would be much better spent in our jammies, watching a movie and eating cup ramen, so we hailed a taxi to take us to Yonsei's north gate.
We didn't know until we started walking, but Yonsei's north gate is the furthest entrance of the campus from our dorm. So 2 am in freezing cold, 3 dressed up girls wearing heals had to walk the ridiculously hilly campus for 40 minutes. 40 minutes. 40 minutes. I don't think you would understand the difficulty of walking up and down hills in heels for 40 minutes unless you actually had to.
By the time we found our dorm, I forgot all about our plans to watch a movie, cause the only thing on my mind was to kick off my shoes and slip into my Rainbows. And then I slept.
Sunday, I spent the WHOLE day at church. I was so tired I when I got back, I ate delivery chinese watching korean TV in my pjs. It was seriously the best dinner. ever.
Today was the first day of classes here, but since I don't have Monday classes (yet), I went to celebrate my cousin's daughter's 100 days at BonoBono, a sushi buffet. YUMMMM.
A lot of my time was spent eating, but I did my exercise running after my cousin's son. He's the loudest, brattiest, and cutest 3-year old ever. He literally does NOT stop talking unless he's sleeping.
100-days-old Ro-Ah and 3-year-old Eun-Hyuk sleeping.
After lunch, my cousin and his family (with the two kids) visited my uncle's art studio, where he teaches art......
They just sat around, talking about the old days, while I listened in on what life used to be like...and then i came home on the subway.
Tomorrow's the first day of classes for me. I'm not particularly looking forward to it. heh.
We'll see how it goes. :)
tell tell about your adventure! you left me hanging.
ReplyDeleteand how did you ski if there was no snow?
hi..joanna..it,s me,umma.
ReplyDeletehave a wonderful day! i miss you~
be healthy & safe.